Thursday, November 15, 2012

Met Barbara Arrowsmith-Young this morning

My husband and I attended a breakfast talk by Barbara Arrowsmith-Young in Brisbane today.

Barbara's talk reinforced to me that the strength of the Arrowsmith program when compared to online brain training is that the Arrowsmith program is carefully focussed on a person's weak cognitive function, keeping it isolated from cognitive strengths which might compensate.  Whereas online brain training is likely to be more general.

I also found the talk very worthwhile in meeting some people in Brisbane who have an interest in this area, including those who have a special interest in any adult programs.  I came away with some business cards to follow up, as well as an Arrowsmith Parent Adocacy Guide - to gain support from schools to implement the program.

Again I came away convinced that evidence based research and results will be important to brain training programs becoming more mainstream.


No comments:

Post a Comment