Tuesday, February 5, 2013

He did it!

My son A-One did it! (she said proudly).  He played the extra game yesterday for information processing. My cup is full.

When I woke him this morning (even though I knew he'd been up until at least 3am), I gee'd him up to get onto his brain training first thing, and asked by-the-way about yesterday's extra work.

A-One: Yes, I did it.

Mum: Fantastic!  And how did you go?

A-One: OK I suppose.

Mum: Brilliant that you did it A-One.

He smiled, so I could see that he was pleased with the praise (unlike yesterday).

Later, when I was 'bragging' about him to his sister,

A-One: You don't have to tell everyone Mum.

Mum: You've heard about people who overcome obstacles - you could be one too you know. You could be an inspiration to others.

I was out again this morning, but he had finished today's training by the time I came home for lunch.  His overall BPI is now 763 at 21st percentile - the highest yet!  He wasn't served up a speed game today (so no information processing), but the memory game was on working memory again. He improved further, taking his memory to 32.1st percentile - another PB.  Other areas have been steady.

The online chart of his progress is showing a steep improvement since he resumed a couple of days ago.  When I mentioned that it looks like he's taking off, he seemed pleased - in a 'let's not go over the top here Mum' kind of way.

Mum: You didn't get an information processing game today, so that's what you'll need to add today.

A-One: It's my choice. I won't get worse if I don't do it.

Mum: How fast do you want to improve?  5 years? 6 months?

A-One: Well, not 5 years I suppose.

Mum: The more work you do, the faster you'll improve your prospects.  That'll be easier while you are still young.

I went back to my earlier notes on A-One's brain training.  He has improved over 500 BPI and 10 percentiles since he first started on 12 November 2012!  With a break of almost two months in between, that's really just a little more than a month of actual training.  We looked at it together and he seemed pleased with his progress.  I asked him to imagine getting to the 30th percentile ...


No comments:

Post a Comment